On her blog, Dana posted a link to Regurgitated Alpha Bits. I thought this blog was intriguing. Her team divides their classes into leveled groups for their literacy block. Although she teaches older students, I thought it was applicable to my class. My team was just talking about the pros and cons of this during our team meeting today.
Even though we do guided reading groups, sometimes I feel like I'm not reaching ALL the kids during the literacy block. I'll get the bored eye roll from the more advanced learners and the blank stare from the struggling students. I like reading this teacher's stories and insights into the leveled grouping system.
Before I did a google search, I didn't realize just how popular education blogs are! I browsed through several blogs and I think that blogging is a great tool for teachers across the world to collaborate and share lessons!
No comments:
Post a Comment