Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thing 6

I was not familiar with Diigo before watching the video.  It is a neat tool to use.  Personally, I am a printer.  I hate reading things, especially long research articles, on the computer, so I print them out.  I highlight and use sticky-notes, but I prefer to do it in real life :)  I've added it to my toolbar, so I'll see if it grows on me!

It did get me thinking about the kids, though.  I have my kids do research assignments.  We use World Book Kids and they have to read through the article to find information about their topic.  I think the highlighting and sticky notes would be good for me to prepare for the kiddos who struggle with reading or just aren't ready for full-on researching.  I might just give it a try and see how it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment