I am very glad that I decided to participate in the 13 Things project. I enjoyed exploring and learning about all of the Things. I will use some more than others, but I feel all were beneficial to know about. You never know when the opportunity will arise!
I really enjoy keeping a blog for my class. Because it can be updated as often as I choose, I think it is more beneficial than keeping a website. My students enjoy seeing pictures of themselves and I have received quite a few positive comments from parents! This is one project I will definitely carry into next year! I’m even thinking of having a summer blog challenge for my students to help prevent that “summer slide.”
My students love, love, love having their own blogs! It is a neat way for them to express themselves. They also enjoy commenting on their classmates’ blogs. I think it is a great confidence booster! Students are giving each other great compliments on their writing. I think it is extremely valuable for them to see that their classmates enjoy what they have written. I will also do this again next year!
I’ve been thinking about starting my masters, but I haven’t decided on the route I want to take yet. I was originally thinking about math, but after doing this project, I am much more interested in technology. I think we can do so many GREAT things with technology and I really want to learn more about it.
Most of all, I want to thank Mrs. Yoder for putting together this project! I know it must have been time-consuming, but I think it was a positive experience for everyone who participated. I would definitely recommend it to everyone!
Thank you, Mrs. Yoder, for this opportunity!
No comments:
Post a Comment