Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thing 7

Wikis... I'm glad to finally know what a wiki is!  It reminded me a lot of GoogleDocs... until the video got to the part about adding pages for your students. 

I changed this blog so that it seems like it's coming from our class as a whole.  I want to get all the kids involved in posting on the blog, but I didn't know a way of doing that, short of making an email address for each and every one of them (which is something parents may not even want).  I like the idea of having a Wiki and having a page for each kid.  I set up my own account at Wikispaces just to try it out.  I was able to add all my kids without emails or registering them for anything.  I like the idea of every kid having their own space!

I don't know if I'll use my Wiki this year, but it's definitely something I'll play around with this summer and do next year!

I can also see it as a valuable tool for teacher-to-teacher and teacher-to-parent communication.  As long as all your parents have internet access, that would be a neat way to get donations and/or supplies, keep parents updated on homework and tests, and send reminders!

No comments:

Post a Comment